Customer Stories

How Jabra uses Brandlock Shield to build trust and deliver exceptional customer conversion rates

Jabra sees double digit conversion rate optimization and 200% gain in page views per web session by using BrandLock's Shield to block unwanted ad injections.

The Results
12.4%
Overall site conversion rate lift
8.1%
Overall site revenue per session lift
200%
Increase in page views per visit
Business Challenge

Browser injected ads diverting Jabra shoppers to competitor sites

Jabra is a global brand specializing in intelligent audio solutions. The brand was aware of browser-injected ads like popups, competitor ads, video ads, adult content, and others showing up on retail sites frequently. But they had no effective way of measuring the exact impact of these ads on the shopper’s journey and their sales.

With contextual placements and a design that blended with that of Jabra, it also became harder for shoppers to identify browser-injected ads. They would click on them to avail discounts and be taken to a competitor or other sites.

Jabra - Browser Injected Ads - Customer Journey Hijacking

Browser-injected ads compromised the on-site shopping experience and also took Jabra’s shoppers away.

When BrandLock met Jabra, the meeting resulted in a quick analysis of the site. Jabra saw the number of browser-injected ads on their product pages. They also learned that a considerable percentage of their traffic was exposed to them.

The brand immediately realized that these ads were not targeted at hacking their site. They wanted to lure their shoppers away from completing purchases.

BrandLock solution

BrandLock sets up an A/B test to measure the impact of browser injected ads on Jabra

Jabra agreed to work with BrandLock on a pay-per-performance model to measure the impact of browser-injected ads. With a team of R&D experts, BrandLock set up 12 months of continuous A/B testing on the brand’s online store.

  • Single variant testing framework – BrandLock ‘on’ vs ‘off’
  • Randomized grouping – Visitors are assigned at random to two groups (control and protected)
  • Analytics integration – Results reporting within Google Analytics or Adobe (previously Omniture)
  • Revenue per session – Metric to measure the impact of removing browser injected ads across all devices (combines AOV and CR)

The test began by adding just one line of code to Jabra’s tag management solution.

The Goal

With a goal to achieve a 99% confidence level on the data set, the A/B test measured revenue per session closely. The metric left no blind spots in determining the actual increase in revenue (or lift) by incorporating both AOV (average order value) and CR (conversion rate).

The Result

The A/B test on Jabra began with a simple 50-50 traffic split. The visitors were randomly categorized into two groups – control (exposed to browser injected ads) and protected (browser injected ads disabled by BrandLock Shield).

Group A metrics (control group)- 0.21% conversion lift

Group B metrics (protected group) – 0.22% conversion lift

From the second month, BrandLock Shield began protecting 90% of Jabra’s traffic, leaving only 10% to the ‘control group’ where the ads were allowed to run their course.

Impact

Jabra removes browser injected ads to improve on-site conversions and increase sales with BrandLock Shield

The results of the A/B test seamlessly began to flow into the analytics platform of Jabra – Google Analytics. This made it easier for the brand to monitor the impact of removing browser-injected ads with BrandLock Shield.

In the first month, Jabra noticed a +7.89% increase in the overall revenue per session. In the next few months, they noticed a conversion lift of +12.4%.

BrandLock allows data to be accessible in a way that everyone can see it, understand it, and filter it independently. That was probably the biggest win for us.

After 12 months of continuous A/B testing, Jabra found that removing browser-injected ads increased their monthly revenue. They also noticed that the shoppers in the protected group were more engaged, with an increase in page views per visit.

With BrandLock Shield, Jabra achieved:

  • 8.1% overall increase in site revenue per session lift
  • 12.4% overall increase in the site conversion rate lift
  • 200% increase in page views per visit