Ad injections Drive Feelunique’s Traffic to Competitors
In November of 2020, BrandLock alerted Feelunique’s ecommerce team about how ad injections were impacting their online store shoppers and bottom line.
The team viewed how their website actually appeared to visitors disrupted by ad injections. These invasive ads contained competitor product ads that redirected shoppers away from Feelunique’s ecommerce website.
Since these ads were injected into the shopper’s browser, Feelunique had no visibility of this problem.
Feelunique Wins Back Lost Shoppers with Brandlock’s Shield
- To assess the scale and impact of ad injections on their ecommerce KPIs, BrandLock conducted an A/B test of the website.
- During the A/B test, the team discovered that over 6 percent of all Feelunique browser sessions were affected by ad injections.
- This distracted shoppers from the intended customer experience and led them to competitor websites.
- BrandLock deployed Shield to help Feelunique’s team check this customer journey hijacking issue.
- Shield identified and blocked all harmful ad injections from displaying ads when shoppers visited the website.
- All the data for Shield was available through the brand’s Google Analytics dashboard. This enabled the team to test Shield’s effectiveness against unauthorized ads.
- The team could view the positive lift in conversion rate, revenue, and other important KPIs.
Feelunique Retains and Converts More Visitors into Shoppers
Feelunique now delivers a distraction-free customer experience. This has resulted in gaining additional revenue that would have been lost to the competition earlier.
- 2.8% lift in revenue per session
- 7.5% highest conversion rate lift
- 2.3K orders rescued each month
With minimum upfront investment, Feelunique continues to reap the ROI of its investment in Shield.